Traditional dentures have long been a solution for people missing a whole arch of teeth, but they come with their set of challenges. People often find traditional dentures to be uncomfortable and not provide as much chewing or speaking function as natural teeth. That’s where the innovative approach of securing dentures on four or more dental implants comes into play, offering a stable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing solution. By securing a denture on four implants or more, dentists were able to keep dentures premaritally in place and create a denture with a less bulky profile. Here are the benefits people have found with getting a denture on four or more implants.
- Enhanced Stability and Comfort – The most significant advantage of getting a denture on four or more implants is the exceptional stability it offers. Unlike traditional dentures that merely rest on the gums, implant-supported dentures are anchored firmly to the jawbone. This means they won’t slip or shift, providing you with the confidence to eat, speak, and smile without hesitation. The secure fit also translates to increased comfort since there are minimal gum irritation from friction and no fear of dentures falling out at inopportune times.
- Improved Bone Health – One of the lesser-known but critical benefits of implant-supported dentures is the preservation and stimulation of the jawbone. When teeth are lost, the bone that once supported those teeth can begin to deteriorate, a process known as resorption. Dental implants mimic the roots of natural teeth, providing the necessary stimulation to the jawbone to maintain its density and structure. This not only contributes to a healthier mouth but also supports the facial structure, preventing the sunken appearance often associated with traditional dentures.
- Enhanced Oral Functionality – Imagine biting into a crisp apple or savoring a steak without worrying about your dentures. With implant-supported dentures, this is a reality. The stability provided by the implants allows for increased biting force, meaning you can enjoy a wider variety of foods, which is not only pleasing but also beneficial for your nutrition. Moreover, the precise fit reduces the issues of speech impairment, often a concern for traditional denture wearers, allowing you to communicate clearly and confidently.
- Longevity and Durability – Dental implants are designed for longevity. When properly cared for, they can last a lifetime, making them a cost-effective solution in the long run. The initial investment might be higher than traditional dentures, but considering the durability and the reduced need for replacements or adjustments, implant-supported dentures offer significant value over time. Denture wearers on the other hand often require adjustments to their dentures or replacements when the dentures are lost or broken.
- Simplified Oral Hygiene – Maintaining oral hygiene with traditional dentures can be cumbersome, often requiring special cleaning solutions and overnight soaking. Implant-supported dentures simplify this process. Just like natural teeth, you can brush and floss around your implant-supported denture, making the daily routine much more straightforward and ensuring better oral health.
- A Natural Look and Feel – Last but certainly not least, dentures on four or more implants provide a natural look and feel. They are custom-designed to match your natural teeth in shape, color, and size, blending seamlessly with your smile. The secure fit also means they feel more like your natural teeth, enhancing not only your smile but also your overall self-confidence.
If you are looking for a dentist in Worcester that does dental implants for dentures, we welcome you to book a consultation with our dental implant specialists. As periodontists, they specialize in the gum and bone tissue that surrounds the tooth, making them ideal dentists for placing dental implants.