Mini Dental Implants
With dentures, it can be difficult to enjoy certain foods or to speak with confidence. Most denture wearers report problems with fit and function and often fear that their dentures will come loose and cause issues or embarrassment.
To avoid this, denture wearers can opt for implant supported dentures. However, not all patients are candidates for this procedure. For those with insufficient bone structure to support traditional implants, mini dental implants are a great option.
Mini dental implants are smaller, one-piece implants that combine the root implant and the abutment (the ball) into one. Like with standard implant supported dentures, the denture is fitted with an associated component that allows it to be attached securely to the mini implant.
Benefits of Mini Dental Implants:
- They are a simple and cost effective option to stabilize loose dentures or replace missing teeth
- They provide secure, comfortable denture fit with no need for denture adhesive
- The process is less invasive and offers minimal post-operative discomfort
- They are a solution for patients who lack adequate bone structure to support larger, traditional implants due to atrophic bone
- They can be used for patients with compromised physical conditions
To schedule a consultation or learn more about mini dental implants, please contact us at our Worcester office today!